Override templatebullets and use EFLP's bullets

Home \ forums/topic \ Override templatebullets and use EFLP's bullets

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin Override templatebullets and use EFLP's bullets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stefan
    Participant

Hi Michael,

In my template the EFLP-plugin inherits the bullets from the Joomla-template thus resulting in double bullets on every line in the listview.

For now I've disabled the bullets from EFLP because I'm not able to disable the template's bullets. Please take a look at this example in which the icons and plugin-bullets are turned of:

These circulair salmoncoloured bullets are the templates bullets, the next example shows the same list with the icons acivated:

How can I disable the inheritance of the template's bullets and only use the folder icons?

Many thanks in advance!

Stefan

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for using my plugin, and for posting your question.

You should be able to force styles on the list by editing the CSS file located in /plugins/content/plg_easyfolderlistingpro_files/css/styles.css

Just edit the elf_lists class properties.  Just add:

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Trebuchet MS', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Tahoma, Arial">list-style-type: none !important;

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Trebuchet MS', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Tahoma, Arial">The crucial thing is to put !important at the end of the property, since this makes sure it overrides any styles specified anywhere else. 

For example,

Code:
    .eflpro_lists

{
        list-style-type: none !important;
        font-size:small;
    }

stefan
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I'm not able to solve the problem due to your contribution.

The bullets of the template keep showing, whatever I change in the styles.css file. Is there a way to bybass the templates bullets using the stylesheet? In that case I can use the icons of the plugin which are superb to use for this plugin.

Hope you're able to provide a solution for my misfortune……

Still, a very nice plugin!

Best regards,

Stefan

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Have you tried to look at the stylesheet for the template? One thing that really helps me with debugging CSS is using Firefox browser with Firebug. Firebug allows you to look at the styles, and see which style is overriding which. It is very useful. I think Chrome has a built-in inspect element feature in the (right-clicked) context menu, but it is not as thorough as Firfox.

Also, if the listing is publicly available, then you can send me the web address to the page with the listing and I can have a quick look for you if I'm not too busy.

stefan
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I've fixed it by using two templates. The template without the standard bullets are now used together with the plugin.

Works fine now….

By the way, thanks for the update you've offered, how about that for a service!

Best regards,

Stefan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Override templatebullets and use EFLP's bullets’ is closed to new replies.