Browse Button

Home \ forums/topic \ Browse Button
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    wildrizzo88
    Participant
    Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@wildrizzo88. Thanks for visiting the site and posting the link to your page. Actually, the browse button shows when I go to the site with any other browser but IE. However, I think I know how to fix it.

Open up the easyflashuploader.php file in a text editor, and go to line 407. You should see this:

debug: false,

All you have to do is remove the comma from the end, and you will have this:

debug: false

Save the file, and that’s it! Let me know how it turns out.

wildrizzo88
    Participant

Thank you. Works great! Any way to change the spacing between buttons or also make it so cancel button only appears while uploading?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@wildrizzo88. Great! I’m glad that it works now. Yes, you should be able to do that with CSS. Just open up the css file and look for the button.cancelAll[disabled],button.cancelAll[disabled]:hover rule set, then place display:none; declaration in its declaration block. It should look something link this:

You may have to look for the other rule set, button.cancelAll, and place the following declaration in it: display: inline-block;.

I haven’t tested this. So, please let me know if it works.

Piper
    Participant

Hi Micheal,

I also got the problem that the browse button doesn’t show up at all. No problem with the rest. Unfortunately I can’t give you the url cause the page has restricted access.

Maybe I can send you the source code of the page, if it helps?

I already tried different browsers with the same result. Any idea?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Piper. Thanks for posting. The source code for the page isn’t going to help. Is it possible for you to send me an email with the link to the page, and also a temporary login for me to be able to see what’s going on? You can send the email to support[at]valorapps[dot]com.

BTW, please let me know about your server setup. I need to know the server OS, PHP version, and Joomla version. My plugin displays this information in the plugins manager. So, just copy and paste that info here.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Piper. Thanks for sending me moe info via email. From looking at your site, you actually have a couple of things going on. You have both Easy Folder Listing Pro and Easy Flash Uploader on the same page. If you check the console you will see that you have javascript errors that actually relate to Easy Folder Listing Pro. Because you have javascript errors, the javascript to load the Browse Button doesn’t execute.

The good thing is that your problem is relatively simple to solve. You are running a Joomla 1.5 site, but you have not activated the Mootools Upgrade plugin, which will upgrade your Mootools from version 1.12 to 1.2.5. So, to solve your problem, please follow the instructions located here: https://www.valorapps.com/faq.html?catid=2

Once your enable the Mootools Upgrade plugin, both plugins will work.

Piper
    Participant

Hi Michael,

as you told me, I updated Joomla to the latest version 1.5.24 und activated the Plugin “System – Mootools Upgrade 1.2.5”.

Now both plugins work properly, thanks for the support.

One last question, now it is only possible to change the text of the browse button.

Maybe you can integrate in your next update also the possibility to change the text of the cancel button…

Asse
    Participant

Hi there Michael,

congratulations on your great job programming and helping people. A really great job.

I installed the easy flash uploader v2.1_5 and also tried v2.1 on a joomla 2.5. I’m getting the same problem with the browse button. It doesn’t show up.

http://hieletronico.com.br/index.php/temporario

Would u give a hand pls?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Asse. Thanks for posting. I would love to help you, but when I click on the link, I get a 403 Error and the page doesn’t show. Could you fix the link so that I could see the page, please?

Asse
    Participant

Hi! I’m sorry. there you go: http://hieletronico.com.br/index.php/arquivos

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Asse. Thanks for updating the link. I had a look at the page, and the problem you have is interesting. The reason the browse button isn’t showing is because of a javascript error on the page. The reason why you have a javascript error is because you have selected the wrong option for “Mootools Compatibility” in Easy Folder Listing Pro. if you are using Joomla 2.5, you should set this to either “Automatically Detect” or “Mootools Core 1.3.2 and More 1.3.2.1”. You seem to have it set to “Mootools Core 1.2.4 and More 1.2.4.2”. This will cause a problem because you actually have Mootools 1.4+ on your site.

Please fix this setting in Easy Folder Listing Pro, and it should fix the Browse button for Easy Flash Uploader. Let me know how it works out.

Asse
    Participant

Hi again! Thank you for the fast response!

Yup, It was “Automatically detect” and I changed after read your older post mentioning about mootools and gave it a try without any changes.

I changed again to “Automatically detect” and no luck with the browse button.

At the plugin page I can see this information.

Don’t know if it helps:

PHP Version: 5.2.17.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

mime_content_type doesn’t exist.

This is a NON-Windows OS: Linux.

escapeshellarg is callable.

exec is callable.

shell_exec is callable.

Thank you again for your time and attention

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Asse. Thanks for updating me. Ok, the javascript error is still there. I don’t know if it is because of a jQuery conflict. However, just to test my theory that the javascript error is causing the problem, could you please disable the Easy Folder Listing Pro plugin temporarily to see if the browse button shows? Then, we’ll go from there.

Asse
    Participant

Hi Michael, thank you your response.

You right! seens some kind of conflict.

I disabled the download plugin and I had the browse button working. Then I turned it on again and split the upload and download in two different pages and it also worked just fine:

Upload

http://hieletronico.com.br/index.php/arquivos

Download

http://hieletronico.com.br/index.php/arquivos-2

Any hint?

thank you so much for the assistance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Browse Button’ is closed to new replies.