Uploading music files

Home \ forums/topic \ Uploading music files
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jacovc86
    Participant

Hi michael,

i was trying to define audio file types for the uploader to permit, i used webmaster-toolkit mime types record as you suggested in another thread.

but it still give me the error:

ERROR: The uploaded file type is not permitted

i was trying to uploaded mp3, permitted all kind of mp3 mimes that were listed

Edit: actually when i was trying to use the initial set-up (mostly jpg) still when trying to upload jpg files – same error. what am i doing wrong?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jacovc86. To find out exactly what mime to type, it is best to find out what mime type is being detected. Here is the new link to the updated test script: mime test script version 4

Here is the way it works: The idea of the test script is to find out what functions work with your server, and to see what mime types they detect on your system. So, if you plan on uploading only mp3 files, then what you do is ftp to your site and place an mp3 file and the test script file in a folder, and then run the test script. That will tell you exactly what is being detected. Then you will know exactly what mime types to specify in the “Permitted file types” in the Module Manager.

jacovc86
    Participant

Hi michael, actually i don’t think the problem is type-detection, because as i have mentioned in the edited part of the post, i wasn’t able to upload even the sample jpg files anyone has in his computer.

i’ve noticed the following text (in red) below the parameters part of your module:

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

mime_content_type doesn’t exist.

This is Windows OS: WINNT

i think this have something to do with the error but i’m not sure

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jacovc86. Thanks for your question. Have a look at this FAQ item

Let me know if that helps.

jacovc86
    Participant

thank you.

2 more things:

I have another site with joomla V2.5 and the parameters doesn’t appear there (i assume it is because the xml file, that should contain now <config> instead of <params>)

I suppose that you have an extensive knowledge about php and joomla, how much would it cost me to have 1 on 1 sessions with you until i become a pro, assuiming you willing to of course

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jacovc86. I haven’t updated the modules for Joomla 2.5 yet. I plan to do that next week. But, you can try the Joomla 1.6+ edition on Joomla 2.5. I haven’t tested it yet, but it should work.

As for one-on-one sessions, I am not sure what you mean. But, do you have experience with PHP? Are you planning to develop Joomla extensions?

jacovc86
    Participant

I have a little knowledge of php, and pretty good knowledge of html

i’m planning to develop my own joomla module for private usage and not for distribution

williamsjohn
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I love the extension but need some help.

I’m not sure what I need to put in the allowed files or how to run the php script to find the file names to allow an mp3 file.

Here’s the portal: http://www.academiclifecoaching.com/upload-life-coach-training-files

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@williamsjohn. Thanks for posting. Well, to allow mp3 files, all you need to do is to add the mime type for mp3 to the list of “Permitted File types” in the Module Manager settings for Easy File Uploader module (EFUM). However, there is also the issue of how your server handles mime type detection. To find this out, go into the Module Manager settings for EFUM and copy and paste the Information and Diagnostics settings into a post in this forum, so that I can see it.

Now, you also have to be aware that mp3 has more than one mime type associated with it. You can either put all of them to be safe, or you can figure out which one your server detects and only put that one. Here is a link to mp3 mime types: http://filext.com/file-extension/MP3

You can also have a look at the documentation to on the website: https://www.valorapps.com/documentation/13-easy-file-uploader-documentation.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Uploading music files’ is closed to new replies.