Setup for non public use

Home \ forums/topic \ Setup for non public use

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Flash Uploader Plugin Setup for non public use

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vry6
    Participant

How can I set the uploader so only I can upload , with out using it as a menu item for the public to see

I now have it up working with the listing plugin and its great

Thanks VRY6

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Just set the Access Level for the article that you are embedding the plugin in. This can be found on the right hand side under Parameters (Article), and you just have to set it to Special.

vry6
    Participant

I set the access to special now how do I access the article from login or what url.

VRY6

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

All you have to do now, is assign the article to some sort of link, like a menu item in your menu, so that it can be accessible. However, because it has the Special Access Level, it will only be viewable with you log in as the administrator. You can test this by logging in as a normal registered user to see if you see the page. You should only see the page in the menu if you log in as the admin and not as any other registered user.

Hope this helps.

vry6
    Participant

THANKS AGAIN I WILL TRY THAT VRY6

Jadzia
    Participant

I know this is a year old BUT I created a custom module, placed the code for the flashuploader in it, set that as registered. I then used modules anywhere to place the module in an article and it shows up only to registered users

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Setup for non public use’ is closed to new replies.