Securing access to files – may be wrong here…

Home \ forums/topic \ Securing access to files – may be wrong here…

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module Securing access to files – may be wrong here…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    burner_ger
    Participant

Hi there,

first of all: great little piece of code. Exactly what I was looking for!

Easy Folder Listing works great for me, but I just found out that files listed (and secured) in joomla/EFL can be accessed directly by the link without password.

Have different folders for different users. Listing works perfect, but the file are accessible/downloadable by direct link without authentication. Any ideas how to secure that?

I thought about .htaccess, but don´t want another auth for users. Is it possible to use joomla credentials in .htaccess? Or a way to do it with EFL?

Thanks in advance,

Burner

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@burner_ger. Thanks for your post. Yes, the plugin list files and those files can be accessed through their direct link. This is how it was designed. As a module (or even the plugin version) it can’t really be used to secure access to the files.

However, I am on the verge of completing a component called “Advanced Folder Listing”. It will allows controlled access to files and secure viewing and downloading of files. I hope to release it at the end of the month.

burner_ger
    Participant

@Michael. Thanks for your reply. I think I can live with that at the moment.

Will wait for AFL and have a look.

Thanks again,

Burner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Securing access to files – may be wrong here…’ is closed to new replies.