Reinstallation of module

Home \ forums/topic \ Reinstallation of module

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module Reinstallation of module

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    b010985
    Participant

I installed the module then also purchased the pro plug in. before installing the plug in i uninstalled the module and after a few hours in the forum found out that i need the module but now it will not reinstall i get the following message:

“Module Install: Another module is already using directory:”

the directory does exist but i do not see any files and can not delete the folder

so i decided to uninstall the plugin and start over and i now have the same issue with the plug in also.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@b010985. Thanks for posting. I am a bit confused as to what you are talking about. You don’t need Easy Folder Listing module if you have Easy Folder Listing Pro plugin. However, if you want to use both together you can, since one is a module and the other a plugin. However, the plugin can do everything the module can do and much more. Also, you can use the plugin as a module if you put the plugin code in the “Custom HTML” module instance in the Module Manager.

Also, from the error you specify, for some reason the module was not uninstalled properly. What version of Joomla are you using?

If you uninstalled the module from the Extension Manager, but you still see the mod_easyfolderlisting folder in modules, then just access the site from your FTP client and delete it manually. If you didn’t uninstalled the module from the Extension Manager, but deleted the files, then you will have to remove its entry in the Joomla database extensions table. Googling “Module Install: Another module is already using directory:” will provide you will a lot of information from persons who have experienced this.

Hope this helps.

b010985
    Participant

Thank you so much for the clarification.

I am really sorry for troubling you on something that may seem very simple but if you could please help with one more thing…

how do I get the listing to show in an article using the plugin?

and oh yes I am using joomla 1.5

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@b010985. It’s not a problem to ask questions. I set up this support site for that purpose. I recently updated the documentation on how to setup and use the Easy Folder Listing Pro plugin. Please reference the documentation on Valor Apps. In addition, you can also reference the FAQ at Valor Apps for help with common issues persons encounter.

You can still ask for assistance if you have any questions that the documentation does not address.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Reinstallation of module’ is closed to new replies.