Profiles and how they work

Home \ forums/topic \ Profiles and how they work

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin Profiles and how they work

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Crazy5650
    Participant

Took me awhile to figure out that this is NOT the way profiles worked. I thought that if I indicate a profile in a shortcode that’s where the settings would default to for that listing. Then as I override anything in the shortcode, that would take affect.

For example, I often need to list a folder listing, no subfodlers, no icons, previews, etc. Just the files. But each time I list it the source is different. It would be nice to have a profile of “simple file list only”, then in the shortcode all I need to modify is the source.

The way it is now, I need to go through and modify all the defaults for all those options every time…

Any suggestions?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Crazy5650. Thanks for sharing your experience and insight. I plan to revisit how profiles and short code interact together in an upcoming release.

In the past, the profile would always be the default unless you change it, and the shortcode only created local changes that do not reflect in the profile. Going forward, I want to make the shortcode actually alter the profile directly. So, every shortcode relates to a specific profile, but only if the folder location is the same.

To be honest, I have to review my own code to see what I have right now. It’s been a little while since I touched that part of the code, and I have worked on other things since then. Anyways, you can always go to a profile and click the “Save as Copy” to get a duplicate of a custom listing. However, your suggestion has given me something to think about.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.