Problems with uploads

Home \ forums/topic \ Problems with uploads
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jimi
    Participant

Hi
    We are setting up a new Joomla 4 website and wish to use this module for image uploads from the front end. We have installed the module and set it up, with the default settings it works fine, however as soon as I change the advanced setting “Upload to Username subfolders” to yes the uploads fail (using the same files in both cases. If I manually create the subfolder with the user name the then then upload is successful, so the module is not creating the subfolder, any ideas what the problem is ?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jimi. Thanks for posting. I apologize for not replying sooner.

I just double checked my code, you are right, it doesn’t auto-create username specific folders in the destination folder. So, you will have to create the user folders for those users you would like to allow uploading files.
    I would have to add that auto-create user folder functionality in a new release.

jimi
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, any timeline on getting that added ? that option was one of our main reasons for using the module. with 3000+ active users creating the folders first isn’t really workable.
    Regards
    Jimi

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jimi. Thanks for your suggestion and interest in improving my module. You have a lot of active users uploading. Congrats. Have you ever considered Easy Flash Uploader? Here is the product page: https://www.valorapps.com/web-products/easy-flash-uploader.html

And here is the demo: http://www.demos.michaelgilkes.com/joomla/index.php/easy-flash-uploader-demo

This plugin automatically creates the user folders. It is only USD $10.

jimi
    Participant

No, we hadn’t looked at that plugin, is it joomla 4 compatible ? Website says 3.9
    Jimi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.