Per User ?

Home \ forums/topic \ Per User ?
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jstevens
    Participant

First off, top rate extension. Does exactly ‘for the most part’ what I want it to-do. What I need it to-do hopefully someone here can help with.

I have an upload process in which my users can send out a request to an email address giving that person a temp link which allows them to upload files to our network. Think of Michael’s download script which gives you 48 hours to download only mine is for uploads. Now the system automatically creates

./users/<localuser@domain.com>/<year>/<month>/<day>/<request_id>

So what I need this extension to-do is to show my users what is in there directory.

IE: $user =& JFactory::getUser();

./users/$user/~

How can I make this extension do that ?

jstevens
    Participant

Actually this was easy to figure out, awesome coding by the way I absolutely love it with coders comment all there functions.

in helper.php around line 283

$path = ‘images’.’/’.$params->get(‘efl_parent’);

Change to

//$path = ‘images’.’/’.$params->get(‘efl_parent’);

// Per user folder listing

$user =& JFactory::getUser();

$path = ‘users’.’/’. $user->username;

in mod_easyfolderlisting.xml around line 29

delete the following (note this is optional but makes it clean)

<field name=”efl_parent” type=”folderlist” default=”stories” label=”Choose the Parent Folder” directory=”images” description=”This is the parent folder where the files are stored.” hide_none=”true” hide_default=”true” />

<field name=”efl_folder” type=”text” default=”” label=”Location within the Parent Folder” description=”This is the actual folder, within the parent folder (above), where the files are kept. Leave blank to show the contents of the parent folder.” />

–JT

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Hey, JT, nice going! The code you posted looks good! I’m sure it will help quite a few persons!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I didn’t have any access to my computer last night, since I attending a family event.

Thanks for your supportive comments about my coding. Keep coding, buddy!

jstevens
    Participant

I really do appreciate the comments, after editing the standard file listing script (the free one) made editing the pro version and the flash uploader a breeze. I added in the flashupload tho the ability for it to create sub folders based on year/month/day.

simon6023
    Participant

Hi jstevens,

I’m trying to do the same thing with Flash Uploader.

Did you succeed editing the code for this plugin ?

Thx in advance,

Simon

simon6023
    Participant

In fact, I found out how to do this, thanks to the code you posted before.

Here is the hack, if someone wants to do that again…

On easyflashuploader.php, replace line 307

by

It creates a directory for each user.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@simon6023. Awesome. Thanks for sharing your custom code! I’m sure it’ll help others, since I get asked this question from time to time.

buksie
    Participant

Thanks for the great advice. Could someone please post similar code for a by ‘GROUP’ scenario instead of by ‘USER’?

Much appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Per User ?’ is closed to new replies.