No text editor – only tag showing in front end

Home \ forums/topic \ No text editor – only tag showing in front end

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin No text editor – only tag showing in front end

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bevis
    Participant

Hello,

I can’t seem to get the plugin to work – all that shows on the front end is the tag {easyfolderlistingpro}. I have turned off the text editor, the plugin is published, I have set the default folder to “downloads” in the parameters and stored my files in there so I’m not sure why it isn’t working. Could there be some type of conflict between the template I am using on the website that is preventing the plugin from showing? I have used this plugin in another website and it works perfectly. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@bevis. Thanks for posting. I don’t know what you mean by “turned off the editor”. The first thing you should do is toggle the editor to see what the underlying html is.

Your template should not have anything to do with it. It is most likely the editor. it could also be filtering issues. Have a look at the FAQ.

What version of the plugin are you using?

If you want me to look at the site. Email me with a temporary admin login and your order number.

bevis
    Participant

Thanks for your very prompt response. Sorry I meant that I tried temporarily switching off the jce editor in case it was interfering with the html and adding in <p> tags. It didn’t have any affect when I did this adn viewed the basic html version – the result was the same.

I am using version Easy Folder Listing Pro – Version 2.7 with joomla 3.2.2. I presumed that this would work eventhough it’s not the latest version as this version is working on another joomla 3.2 website that I have. Is this correct?

I’ll email you a temporary login now. Thanks.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@bevis. I was able to log into your site and fixed it for you. It would have been useful if you mentioned that you placed the shortcode in the CustomHTML module, instead of an article. Nonetheless, the solution is to make sure that the module option for “Prepare Content” is set to “Yes” If it is set to “No”, it will not process the shortcode in the module text.

bevis
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks very much for fixing this issue. I’m sorry if you wasted any time looking in the articles for the shortcode (I did actually mention that it was in a custom module in the email that I sent with the login code).

Thanks again for such a prompt response – excellent support for the extension!

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@bevis. Oh… sorry to give the wrong impression. You didn’t waste my time. Yes, you did mention it in the emails. Thanks for that. I am happy to help. All the best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘No text editor – only tag showing in front end’ is closed to new replies.