No files are uploaded in my Joomla 3

Home \ forums/topic \ No files are uploaded in my Joomla 3

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy File Uploader Module No files are uploaded in my Joomla 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    benglish
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I have installed the module in Joomla 3. I have also added the following in the permitted file types:

image/gif;image/jpeg;image/pjpeg;image/png;application/pdf;application/msword;application/zip;application/x-compressed;application/x-zip-compressed;multipart/x-zip;application/excel;application/vnd.ms-excel;application/x-excel;application/x-msexcel;application/download;application/pdf

It just gives me the following error in my server, on the module page:

PHP Version: 5.3.28.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

mime_content_type doesn’t exist.

This is a NON-Windows OS: Linux.

escapeshellarg doesn’t exist.

exec doesn’t exist.

shell_exec doesn’t exist.

When uploading any kind of file, including pdf, I face the following problem:

ERROR: The uploaded file type is not permitted.

MIME detected by PHP:

MIME detected by Browser: application/pdf

The last line of error differs for any file extension!

Please help me to resolve the issue as fast as possible

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@bengfish. MIME type detection is not installed on your PHP setup. Please ask you website administrator to install the FILEINFO PHP extension. This is normally installed by default in PHP 5.3 or higher. So, if it is not on your PHP setup, then it will need to be installed.

benglish
    Participant

Dear Michael,

Firstly, thanks for your reply

Secondly, it seems almost all extensions are installed on my server. When I go to the “MIME Types” part of my site panel, it shows me lots of extensions installed on the server, including .pdf, .docx, and many others!

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@benglish. The following diagnostic text means that FILEINFO PHP extension is not installed or not enabled on your PHP setup:

PHP Version: 5.3.28.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

It is not defined means that it is not enabled. You will have to check your PHP.ini file to enable it.

benglish
    Participant

Dear Michael,

Where can I find the PHP.ini file on my server? Should I change any line in the file? Could you please help me fix this BIG problem?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@benglish. I can’t tell you what to do on your own server. Ask your the administrator (or hosting company admins) to do it. if you are the administrator, and you don’t know how to do it, you should search on the internet on how to do it. There are various tutorials around, even on PHP.net.

Some hosting companies explain how to do it in their wiki. Many of the hosting company admins will do it for you, or explain to you how to do it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘No files are uploaded in my Joomla 3’ is closed to new replies.