list ordering not work correctly (random order)

Home \ forums/topic \ list ordering not work correctly (random order)

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module list ordering not work correctly (random order)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    devid
    Participant

I use easyfolderlist on some websites without problems. On a site the module displays the files but not in order (by name, size or date, the order is random). may depend on what? There are joomla components, modules or plugins that can affect easyfolderlist? or some server setting? (sorry for my English)

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@devid. Thanks for your question. With Easy Folder Listing Module, you can easily set the the sort column and sorting order by going to the Module Manager, and editing those settings. It should look something like this: http://www.megapix.com/?p=A83IXJY9

pmiller
    Participant

I am having the same sorting issue.

Doesn’t matter how I configure the sort order (column) for the module it does not change the displayed list order. The displayed order appears random. Can’t identify what the order is.

Tried clearing the cache but no effect.

Great module, if I could just get the sorting to work…..

pmiller
    Participant

Additional info to the post above….

Table / List parameter works OK, but none of the other display parameters seem to make any difference. (eg sort column, sort direction, odd table row, even table row, heading row background or border colour.

Joomla is version 1.5.22 template is js_onyx from Joomlashack if that helps?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@pmiller. Thanks for explaining that. I must say though that I am puzzled at what both you an devid are saying. When I test the module on my server, it works without any problems. I even re-installed it. And tested everything all over again, and it works fine. Honestly, if I can’t recreate your situation then I can’t really address it.

I don’t think that any other plugins or modules could affect it. Could you let me know what version of PHP you are using?

pmiller
    Participant

@michaelgilkes. PHP is version 5.1.6

I’ve tried a few of the other folder/file list extension modules (jxlistfiles, folderreader) & they will sort OK, but their output & functionality is nowhere near as good as EasyFolderList.

I have now disabled those modules, but no change.

Could the site template be interfering with the display parameters?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@pmiller. Do you have any experience in programming in PHP? If you do, I would ask you to add some code to test something. However, before that, do you have access to your PH error log? It would be good to see if there are any PHP errors or warnings that are triggered.

I suspect the problem may be that your version of PHP (5.1.6) does not execute the class code properly. I do not have php 5.1.6 to test on, but it seems that there are other extensions that are also incompatible with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘list ordering not work correctly (random order)’ is closed to new replies.