Joomla Search or Smart Search and Easy Folder Listing Pro

Home \ forums/topic \ Joomla Search or Smart Search and Easy Folder Listing Pro

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin Joomla Search or Smart Search and Easy Folder Listing Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ttiemann
    Participant

Is it possible to use Joomla Search or Smart Search with Easy Folder Listing Pro? If so how?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@ttiemann. Thanks for your question. I haven’t explored this scenario much. However, one of the problems that then the Smart Search does its caching, and scans the page with the listing, it causes an error that occurs because the search is done from the backend. This changes the “working directory” from which the listing is made, and thus gives the error.

I would have to change the current working directory at the start of the plugin, and put it back at the end. Maybe I can do this in the next release. I have to update my other extensions to be Joomla 3 compatible first. If you are interested in getting it working right now. I can tell you the code to edit and you can try it and let me know if it works out. Let me know if you are interested.

schuchmd
    Participant

I would be interested in learning the code to edit it myself. Or rather my IT guy. We rely on the ability to search our files for our policies and procedures on our current intranet and we are using your plug-in for listing them on the new intranet we are developing. We also use it to list forms and other documents. So being able to search would be fantastic!

Thanks!

schuchmd
    Participant

I just realized ours it the regular version not the Pro. Will this make a difference when it comes to coding for search?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@schuchmd. Thanks for posting. Actually, I have already devised a solution to this problem. I have just not had the time recently to update the Easy Folder Listing Pro plugin. The next release will have the fix. As for the module, the same fix will work for the module, but I haven’t tested it yet. If you want to implement it in your copy of the extension now, please send me an email to support[at]valorapps[dot]com, and I will send you the code to get it working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Joomla Search or Smart Search and Easy Folder Listing Pro’ is closed to new replies.