Joomla search can't find no files by filename

Home \ forums/topic \ Joomla search can't find no files by filename

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module Joomla search can't find no files by filename

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    andrey_dem
    Participant

Hello! Thank You for a cool module, it works well!

But unfortunately standard joomla search module can’t find any words in filenames of files created from folder.

Could you please advice, how to resolve this problem? May it depend on encoding? I use russian sybmols, and it’s displayed ok. But I need also a search posibility.

Thanks for help.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@andrey_dem. Thanks for posting. I am not 100% sure how the standard Joomla search module works, but as the listing is created on-the-fly, that is, when the page is rendered, I don’t think the standard Joomla search may find any file names. Remember that the listing is not statically created on the page. However, I think that the search is supposed to render the page in the buffer and then search. However, I will have to check it out and see if it is even possible for search module text using standard Joomla search.

andrey_dem
    Participant

Thanks for answer. If the standart Joomla search can’t render and find that text, may be You may advise some another module for search by filenames? Thank you.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@andry_dem. Could you please confirm whether you were using the “Search” module or the “Smart Search” module?

andrey_dem
    Participant

I tried standard search module. Unfortunately, smart search doesn’t work at my site for some reason. (I use Joomla 2.5.)

Christoph
    Participant

Hello! I encountered the same Problem using Joomla 3.5

I tried “Standard Search” and “Smart Search” module.

Neither could find the filenames.

Searching in article text works just fine.

I used the “Attachements Plugin” from Jonathan Cameron to add files to articles, for the old Version of the Page (Joomla 2.5). All files showed up when using the “Standard Search”.

I want to get rid of the need to manualy upload files through the web interface.

But loosing the ability to search for Filenames is to big a drawback.

Hope you will finde a solution.

andrey_dem
    Participant

Hi!

I found a search module for Joomla that use Google search engine – and it seems to be working well with filenames. But it has some inconvenience with search results – they displayed at the same window of module. May be there are some other desicions from search engines for sites (Google, yandex, yahoo etc.).

andrey_dem
    Participant
    Christoph
    Participant

How does this work?

I’m working on a corporate Intranet wich is not connected to the main internet.

So if this needs google to crawl the page it won’t worke in my case.

andrey_dem
    Participant

Yes, it won’t work with intranet site, because uses a resources of worldwide Google search engine. I looked for other variants for Joomla but couldn’t find yet.

Christoph
    Participant

Can the Module be modified to generate a static list added to the article text wich would be updated when the site is loaded insted of rendering a new list every time?

That way it would worke with normal search function.

Might be a good improvement to make this excelent extension even better.

andrey_dem
    Participant

Yes, it would be an outstanding module. I hope the developer will resovle this lack with search. Anyway, thanks to him for his great work.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Christoph. Thanks for your creative question, but modules and plugins are designed to work by rendering every time. To have the search work, I will have to create a Search Plugin that specifically pre-renders the article content, and searches the resulting HTML for the file name.

Christoph
    Participant

Thanks Michael. Good to know a little more about how things work.

But now i had to ask my self how the attachment plugin worked, wich we used for the old Website …

I’m sure you can avoide to create a new search plugin.

But i can’t imagin a workaraound for the rendering Problem right now.

Maybe tomorrow.

THX for your support!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Joomla search can't find no files by filename’ is closed to new replies.