Images not uplaoding when using East flash uploader

Home \ forums/topic \ Images not uplaoding when using East flash uploader

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Flash Uploader Plugin Images not uplaoding when using East flash uploader

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    andymeakin
    Participant

Hi,

I have purchased the component easy flash uploader from you.I installed it on joomla 2.5 site and it was working fine.

Suddenly it stopped working.It says 100% but says Error:Invalid File type.

http://www.metrorepro.co.uk/index.php/upload-files

Not even jpef or png files are uploaded.

From back end its showing below errors.

PHP Version: 5.3.8.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

mime_content_type doesn’t exist.

This is a NON-Windows OS: Linux.

escapeshellarg is callable.

exec doesn’t exist.

shell_exec doesn’t exist.

Can you please help on this.

Regards,

Andymeakin

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@andymeakin. Thanks for posting. I just replied to your email about 10 minutes ago. I didn’t realize that you posted for assistance on the forum as well. In the email, you didn’t mention this diagnostic information, but having it here is very useful.

The diagnostic information reveals why you are having this error. Although you have PHP 5.3.8, your PHP setup does not have any means to detect the mime type of a file. If it was working before, that means that the fileinfo_mime_type was enabled before. As of PHP 5.3, fileinfo_mime_type is enabled by default. So, I suspect that someone has disabled it without your knowledge. Once you enable it in your PHP config settings, everything will work as expected.

andymeakin
    Participant

Hi Micheal,Thanks for the assistance.

Below are the information from backend and it started working.

PHP Version: 5.3.23.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

mime_content_type doesn’t exist.

This is a NON-Windows OS: Linux.

escapeshellarg is callable.

exec is callable.

shell_exec doesn’t exist.

Only thing changed was exec is callable, earlier it was exec doesnt exists.

Regards,

Andymeakin

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@andymeakin. Yes. eanbling exec or shell_exec would work too. I am glad it is working now. However, if your site admin prefers not to have exec be callable, you should try to get fileinfo_mime_type enabled since you are using PHP 5.3. All the best.

Lolote
    Participant

Hello Michael,

my english isnt perfect, i speak french so i will give my best. I bought your product yesterday but i have a great problem i am unable to create a file. When i uploaded a file i didnt see it. I cheched the module and the plug that wrote “FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.mine_content_type_ doesnt t exist. This is windows os: Winnt

Thanks for your reply

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Lolote. Thanks for posting. From the diagnostics you have posted, MIME detection is not working on your server. Please ensure you have PhP 5.3+ installed on your system, and then follow the instructions of how to enable mime detection on Windows from my FAQ: https://www.valorapps.com/faq.html?catid=3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Images not uplaoding when using East flash uploader’ is closed to new replies.