I need to provide an option for a user to download all selected items in AFL

Home \ forums/topic \ I need to provide an option for a user to download all selected items in AFL

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Advanced Folder Listing Component I need to provide an option for a user to download all selected items in AFL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sallymae
    Participant

it looks like the user can download files individually, or can create a zip archive, but I can’t figure out how the user finds the zip archive to download. What I really need is for the user to be able to select multiple files and download all the selected files to a local target folder.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@sallymae. That depends on your browser. Most browsers are set to automatically download files of a particular type to a specific folder. So, when you select archive, the zip file is downloaded automatically to where you specified in the browser settings. The thing about it is that most people don’t realize this, since browser have default settings and the user never checks or tries to change it.

For example, in safari, if you go to preferences, in the General tab, you will see “Save Downloaded files to:”. In internet explorer this can be found by clicking “View Downloads” then clicking “Options”.

If you want to see how the component works, check out the demo site. Just select the files you want to download and click the download button.

wpitech
    Participant

This issue was never resolved. I thought I had responded via email, but I never got a new response. In any case, I had to drop the issue for a while and now I am picking it up again under a new registration (had problems with password recovery under sallymae).

So, the response was that I know where files are downloaded. I can successfully download individual files and all is well. However, I continue to have problems downloading multiple files.

I am showing a list of mp3 files and I want to allow the user to download the entire list. So to test it, I access the link to the listing, I click the upper checkbox to select all files, and I click the Download button. What happens? No files are downloaded, and the website automatically navigates to the website home page.

Here is one link you can check out:

https://www.thewordproclaimed.org/index.php?option=com_advlisting&view=single&layout=table&id=105&show_title=1&show_description=0&Itemid=460

I am using the browser Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 on Windows 7 64-bit, but have also tested unsuccessfully with IE 8.0

As an aside, I don’t want the selected to be downloaded INTO a zip. I want them to remain individual.

wpitech
    Participant

This question was never resolved. I had emailed a response, but I don’t see it attached to the post, so perhaps there was a problem. I had to drop this issue but am picking it up again after the holidays. I am following up under a new user registration because I had problems with password recovery for sallymae.

I know where files are downloaded and that is working fine as long as I download single files one at a time. The problem is only when I choose multiple files. Here is the case:

1. Access this link:

https://www.thewordproclaimed.org/index.php?option=com_advlisting&view=single&layout=table&id=110&show_title=1&show_description=0&Itemid=460

2. Click the upper checkbox to check all files

3. Click the download button

The download does not start, and the website autonavigates to the home page. I am using a Windows 7 64-bit machine and have tested this on Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 as well as IE 8.0.

The hosting service is hostgator, and I believe it’s Linux.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@wpitech. No problem. I am happy to assist you. I replied to the email you sent me a couple hours ago. We can continue the resolution tomorrow, since it is 10:30pm at the moment here in Antigua.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I need to provide an option for a user to download all selected items in AFL’ is closed to new replies.