HELP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mightec
    Participant

Michael

I have been looking at the document Pure Tabs DEMO 8th October 2012 and I want to display the Header Tabs as a list of tabs which are displayed across the page.

This is the syntax for the regular display how can I changed it.

{puretabs position=top theme=basic-blue.css centered=0 selected=’1′ height=200} {tab title=”Tree Surgery” mode=”text”}This is my name{/tab} {tab title=”Landscaping” mode=”article”}11{/tab} {tab title=”Fencing” mode=”article”}12{/tab} {tab title=”Artificial Lawns” mode=”article”}13{/tab} {/puretabs}

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Mightec. Thanks for posting. To be honest, I don’t understand your question. What is the problem? or issue? And what do you want to do? I don’t understand what it is you want to change, nor do I understand what you want to change it to.

Could you clarify? It may be useful to post a link to the article that shows what it is doing, and explain what you want it to do differently.

Mightec
    Participant

Michael

I had difficulty understanding it myself.

I suppose what I am trying to do is to configure Pure Tabs so it looks like a slider with the header tabs running the width of the page. If I position the tabs to the left the width of the tabs is just the length of the tab description.

I though that the Puretabs attribute would make the tab the full width. There is an option called Header with values of none, list, full. Not sure what this does and how I could use it.

Mightec
    Participant

Michael

I am still trying to get Pure Tabs to work the way I want them to work.

I have setted on using the tabs on the left, however, I would like to have the tab length to match the longest tab title.

The tab titles are dates, I would like to use the full date, 26th September 2014 and not an abreviated version such as 26th Sept 2014.

Is there a way that I can make the tab length longer than the set length.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Mightec. Yes. You can make the tab length longer. You will have to take a look at the puretabs.css file. Look in the section called Left Tabs. If you change the width of the div.puretabs.left-tabs > ul block, then you have to adjust the padding-left of div.puretabs.left-tabs accordingly. I can’t help you much with editing the code, since I can’t support changes that everyone may make to the code. If you are comfortable with CSS, you should be able to understand the CSS that I have written. If you are not comfortable with CSS, then edit it at your own risk.

However, with regards to what you wanted to do originally, If I could see what you are talking about, maybe I could understand what you are saying and what you want, and attempt to help you. Also, please remember that at the heart o Pure Tabs, and any extension for that matter, is html and css. So, the resulting html is affected by the CSS in your template, and any other CSS file that may be loaded on your page.

Mightec
    Participant

Michael

Thanks for your help, your comments are duly noted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP’ is closed to new replies.