Handling Hidden Files and Folders

Home \ forums/topic \ Handling Hidden Files and Folders

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin Handling Hidden Files and Folders

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Note: This pertains to version 0.1 of the plugin. Not showing hidden folders will be incorporated in later versions.

First, with the hidden files, you should be able to easily block them from showing by adding the extensions to the Forbidden File types list. So, to not show hidden file such as "desktop.ini" and ".@__thumb", just add: ini and @__thumb to the existing list of htm;html;php (of course, separate via semicolon). So it would look like: htm;html;php;ini;@__thumb.

Second, with hidden folders, such as .svn, CVS, .AppleDB, .AppleDesktop, you will need to edit the plg_easyfolderlistingpro.php file. This is located in plugins->content. Replace line 653 with:

$folders = JFolder::folders($path, '.', false, false, array('.svn', 'CVS', '.AppleDB', '.AppleDesktop'));

And, also replace line 878 with:

$folders = JFolder::folders($path, $filter, false, false, array('.svn', 'CVS', '.AppleDB', '.AppleDesktop'));

Doing that should fix your problem. Of course, if you are not comfortable editing the code, you could either wait for my next software release, or just delete the hidden files and folders. So, you have various options.

bergmanb
    Participant

This worked like a charm. Thank you!   

I also included .AppleDouble as well.   Plus I notice the page loads the directory tree much faster by removing these hidden file types. 

Cheers,

Buddy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Handling Hidden Files and Folders’ is closed to new replies.