Google Analytics Stopped Reporting

Home \ forums/topic \ Google Analytics Stopped Reporting

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Google Analytics Plugin Google Analytics Stopped Reporting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    g33kygurl
    Participant

Good Evening. I installed Google Analytics on my joomla site (www.rmf.org) and it was working great. Now it has stopped tracking activity. I’ve visited the site, as well as many of my coworkers the last couple of days and it says 0 visits the last couple of days. I checked the source code and it is displaying the tracking code in the head of the website. I did notice that the code doesn’t include _gaq.push(); but I have no idea if that affects it or not. Please help! Thanks.

Kathryn

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@g33kygurl. Hi Kathryn. Thanks for posting. I had a look at your site. However, I don’t see the Easy Google Analytics code on your webpages. Actually, all my Joomla sites use Easy Google Analytics code. You can verify this by checking the source code of valorapps.com. To verify that the code is working, what you need to do is to go to Google Analytics site, select your site from the list, then click on “Admin” (on the top right hand side), then click on your Tracking ID linked. There you will see the “Tracking Status” of the site. See this link for how it looks for my Google Analytics Dashboard.

The plugin works for all of my Joomla sites that I use currently. So, I don’t think there is anything wrong with the plugin.

Nonetheless, to answer your question regarding “_gaq.push();“, the answer is that that is only show if you select the option of having one domain with multiple subdomains. That is, you use the same tracking code for one domain and all the other subdomains. If you select “A single domain”, that line won’t show. You can verify this is the correct behavior by checking the code produced by the Google Analytics Dashboard.

Please add the plugin back, select the correct option for Tracking in the plugin, and then have a look at your Google Analytics Dashboard to verify that it is receiving data. You can also post a screenshot here like I have. I am happy to help you in any way you can.

g33kygurl
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I did select one domain with multiple sub-domains. And I have verified that the status says tracking data within the admin console for google analytics.

g33kygurl
    Participant

Sorry. I meant to say it says receiving data.

g33kygurl
    Participant

Michael, I’m still unable to get google analytics to display the proper metrics. It says it is receiving data. I have enabled the plugin, chosen one domain with multiple sub-domains. I don’t know what else to try. Please advise.

Kathryn

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@g33kygurl. Hi Kathryn. So, Google Analytics says that you are receiving data, but on the dashboard it is not showing any hits? Do you have a screenshot of this so that I can understand.

Nonetheless, I had a look at your site, rmf.org, but I don’t see the Easy Google Analytics code on your site. I see that you have manually entered the code, but, when Easy Google Analytics puts the code I also put in comments to show that it is from the plugin.

So, are you sure that the plugin is enabled? If you like, you could give me a temporary admin login, and I will go into your site’s backend, and double check the setup. Also, Is Google Analytics code in your template? It seems like it may be. Please let me know what you would like to do.

g33kygurl
    Participant

Can you provide me with an email address to send screenshots to?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

support[at]valorapps[dot]com

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Based on our conversation via email…

It seems as though the issue is that fact that you are using Joomla 1.5.22.

Let me explain…

The plugin is triggered in the Joomla Event, onBeforeCompileHead. However, this event was added in Joomla 1.5.23. You can check the change log to verify this: http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5367-joomla-1523-released.html

So, the event is not recognized in your version. To get the plugin to work, you will need to upgrade your Joomla version to the latest version 1.5.26. This will automatically make the plugin work.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Analytics Stopped Reporting’ is closed to new replies.