German Language in EFL 3.1.1

Home \ forums/topic \ German Language in EFL 3.1.1

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module German Language in EFL 3.1.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter2
    Participant

Hi
    we just updated from EFL 3.1 to 3.1.1 on Joomla 4.3.4 German, but the module is still in English. Comparing the data in …\modules\mod_easyfolderlisting\ with the data in the downloaded ZIP, there are many files and folders missing:
    – icons
    – language
    – script.php

What’s wrong here? Is it because it is the free version?
    Thanks and regards

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@Peter2. Thanks for posting your question. The script.php file is the only file not being used or installed in the zip file. It’s empty anyways, so it is not important. The icons folder is copied to the Joomla’s media folder, if I recall correctly. Language files are copied to Joomla’s language folder.

Joomla’s system does not copy all the files in the zip file to the module’s folder. This is how Joomla works. There is nothing wrong, and being free has nothing to do with where the files are located.

I think the language tag for German is “de-DE”. The language INI files related to German should be installed in /language/de-DE. If your site’s language is set to German, it should use the German language files.

Peter2
    Participant

Thanks, Michael

I could solve it. Our Joomla is set to “DE-CH” and this is why the language was not found. I copied and renamed the files from DE-DE to DE-CH and it works now.

IMHO opinion you can use the files from DE-DE also for other versions of DE – DE-CH and DE-AT or “DE-COMMON” (if it exists). There is no reason to limit it to DE-DE.

GregoryMUT
    Blocked
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.