Filter by default, stat() error

Home \ forums/topic \ Filter by default, stat() error

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin Filter by default, stat() error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jirikrouzek
    Participant

Hi Michael, thank you for your great plugin. It is exactly what I was looking for. I have two questions:

1) Is there any possibility of filtering content of the folder by default? I mean to set default value of the filter field before displaying the folder….

2) When I use folder or file names with czech characters e.g. ěščřžýí I usualy get this warning:

Warning: stat() [function.stat]: stat failed for downloads/hladinomery in C:wampwwwjoomlapluginscontenteasyfolderlistingproeasyfolderlistingpro.php on line 1031

Any Idea how to solve it?

Thank you very much

Jiri

jirikrouzek
    Participant

Problem 2 solved. It was not working with wamp server. I have uploaded it on my provider’s server and everything is fine.

Problem 1:

It would be nice to add one parameter to set filter default value. Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jirikrouzek. Thanks for your questions and your feedback. I am surprised that problem two was solved when changing your server from wamp to your provider’s server. Do you know what OS and web server your provider uses? I have been looking for possible solutions to dealing with filenames that contain multi-byte utf-8 (or maybe utf-16, not sure which one) characters.

As for default filtering, I didn’t really design it like that. Thinking about it now, I don’t think it can be done (so easily). I set it up to filter based on typing events in the filter textbox using jQuery. So, just setting the text won’t do anything. Sorry not being as optimistic as you hoped.

Hope this helps.

jirikrouzek
    Participant

1) My provider is running Apache/2.2.17 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.17 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8q on linux I suppose…

2) As for filtering what I want to do is display only some files with names begining e.g.

en_ and containing some character

in windows i would do it like en_*something*

is there any way how to do it?

here there is a list of files how I use it (complete)

http://emkometer.com/index.php/cz/ke-stazeni

on each product page I want to display just one folder and files beginning cz_ for example

http://emkometer.com/index.php/cz/hladinomery-plovakove/obtokovy-stavoznak-l21

is there any way how to do it?

3) another nice option would be to select file icon based on text in file name – would it be dificult to add this option? It is a commercial project so it would be possible to pay something for it…

5) Is it worth to buy version 1.5? Is there somewhere list of changes between 1.1 and 1.5?

Thank you

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jirikrouzek. Thanks for responding. Here are my answers:

1. Thanks for the info.

2. Pre-filtering using jQuery/Javascript could probably be done, but it would involve editing quite a bit of the code. As I said, I didn’t design it that way. You do have the option of exluding folders and files through either the Plugin Manager or through the use of ‘exfolders’ and ‘exfiles’ keywords in the article instance. By the way, have you considered using a different folder structure? For example, instead of having all the ‘??_’ files in one folder. How about you have several top level folders, such as ‘en’, ‘cz’ and ‘de’, and then have the files in each of these folders.

3. This could probably be done with some jQuery/javascript once the page loads. I might be willing to do it, send me an email and we can talk about it a bit more.

4. (Oops. There’s no four.)

5. Once you’ve purchased immediate previous version, you are eligible for a FREE upgrade of the same edition. If you purchased a bundle, you are eligible for a FREE upgrade in one edition of your choice. Just send me an email request: upgrades@michaelgilkes.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter by default, stat() error’ is closed to new replies.