File Upload with Additional Post Values

Home \ forums/topic \ File Upload with Additional Post Values

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Flash Uploader Plugin File Upload with Additional Post Values

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mjriding
    Participant

When I get this working with my site, I would also like to see if its possible to get this tool to work with additional post fields so the file upload is part of the form as a whole.

Using SWFUpload by itself, this could be done but you have the cookie issue that Joomla just doesn’t handle well.

Will this work with additional post values? If not, I can work around it, but figured I’d ask.

Thank you!

mjriding
    Participant

I have this working … thanks to the excellent support here. What a schoolboy mistake I made. Anyway, it’s working. So, now, can we include this as part of a larger form post? Anyone try this yet?

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@mjriding. Thanks for posting. Actually, I haven’t really tried this, to be honest. So, although I made the plugin, I can’t help you on extending it to be part of a form. At the heart for the Easy Flash Uploader plugin is SWFUpoad 2.2.0.1. Your best bet on improving it is to start looking at the documentation and demos.

From my recollection (and I could be mistaken), although SWFUpload can be part of a form with other fields, the uploader will still upload separately from the other form fields submission. However, don’t quote me on this.

I am sorry that I can’t be of more help to you. If more people want this feature, and are able to articulate how they expect the uploader to work as part of a form with other fields, I will gladly look into improving it, or even making a multi-form alternative to this plugin.

mjriding
    Participant

Let me explain a bit more because your plug-in is almost exactly what I need.

To get by, at the very least, I would like to be able to upload a file using this plugin but specify what the filename will be when it is uploaded. As it is now, it simply retains the same name it has when it is uploaded. This is very important to my application. If this could be done, my problems are solved.

One additional feature that would help is to be able to include the file upload as part of a form. For example, I have a form where users upload videos along with a title, description, thier name, etc. I original used SWFUpload, whic actually worked, but only after I was completely finished did I realize that SWFUpload totally destroys the cookies within Joomla so my session kept getting lost. Your tool doesn’t appear to have the cookie issue.

Whether or not this plugin can do what I need, I do appreciate the service. You have been very helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘File Upload with Additional Post Values’ is closed to new replies.