extension update : error messages

Home \ forums/topic \ extension update : error messages

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin extension update : error messages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    serge73
    Participant

Hello

On extension update , I have these error messages
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing version 2.9 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing version 3.0.4 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing version 3.1 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy File Uploader version 2.9.1 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy File Uploader version 2.9.2 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing Pro version 4.1.1 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.

Here the specification of products I use :

PHP Built On Linux info 3.0 #1337 SMP Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 CEST 2000 all GNU/Linux
    Database Type mysql
    Database Version 5.7.38-log
    Database Collation utf8_general_ci
    Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
    Database Connection Encryption None
    Database Server Supports Connection Encryption Yes
    PHP Version 8.0.19
    Web Server Apache
    WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
    Joomla! Version Joomla! 4.1.5 Stable [ Kuamini ] 21-June-2022 14:00 GMT

But I go to Maintenance: Database

Name Location Type Problems Database Version Manifest Version
    Easy Folder Listing Pro Administrator Component No Problems 3.6.0 ‎4.1.1

Could you give me help ?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by serge73.
    Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@serge73. Thanks for reporting. I have not changed any settings on my Update Server. The minimum MySQL Version supported by all my extensions is 5.5.3.

If your database server is version 5.7, then you should not get this error. However, where are you getting this error? Could you email me a screenshot?

droyls
    Participant

I am also getting the same update error messages for both Easy File Uploader and Easy Folder Listing – all my SQL databases are on 5.7.

For the extension Easy File Uploader version 2.9.1 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy File Uploader version 2.9.2 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing version 2.9 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing version 3.0.4 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    For the extension Easy Folder Listing version 3.1 is available, but your current database MySQLi is not supported anymore.
    Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
    You are strongly advised to make a backup of your site’s files and database before you start updating.

This only showed after updating Joomla! from 4.14 to 4.15 yesterday and checking for new updates today.

droyls
    Participant

System Information
    dbserver: mysql
    dbversion: 5.7.38-log
    phpversion: 8.0.19

droyls
    Participant
    Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Ok guys. Thank for coming to the support site and posting the error. Fortunately, the error is not a result of anything I have changed or my code. Actually, a change was made in the Joomla CMS code that created the error. I have researched it, and found the problem, and have requested a pull request on Joomla’s GitHub. It is now up to the moderators to review my pull request and make the change in the next Joomla 4 release. Here is a link to the pull request I made: Update ExtensionAdapter.php #38131

It seems as though the they made a change on June 11, and that is what messed it up. I am requesting they revert it back.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Quick follow-up… I was too quick to do a pull request on GitHub. I closed my pull request, as someone had previously encountered this problem and made a pull request 2 days ago. Here is that pull request: in updates XML always resulted in an error #38121

In the interim, until they fix this issue in a new Joomla release, the only thing I can do to circumvent it is to remove the database requirement entirely from the update XML file.

dabacus
    Participant

Hi Michael
    I have just installed Easy Folder Listing V3.1(the free version) on Joomla3 and am getting this very same error. I have also installed it on a Joomla4 site and the error does not occur. My J3 site is reporting 10.4.26-MariaDB
    Dave

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@dabacus. This error is a false positive. It was reported by several extension developers including myself. It was fixed in the Joomla 4.2 code branch, but has not been patched in the Joomla 3.10 branch.

Unless the code maintainers apply the patch to the Joomla 3.10 branch the error will show. The only thing I could do on my end is to edit my Update Server to not include any reference to a database requirement.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.