Error in Easy flash uploader

Home \ forums/topic \ Error in Easy flash uploader

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Flash Uploader Plugin Error in Easy flash uploader

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    frawoer
    Participant

Hello,

I post my problem here again with more infomation.

I bought the Easy Flash Uploader. But it does not work. anything that is wrong with not fileinfo_mime_typ.

copy of Joomla Plugin Manager 2.5.1:

PHP Version: 5.2.17.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is NOT defined.

mime_content_type doesn’t exist.

This is a NON-Windows OS: SunOS.

escapeshellarg is callable.

exec is callable.

shell_exec is callable.

what do you mean what am I to make it work.

Many thanks for your help

frank

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@frawoer. Thanks for posting. Ok. What you listed above does not mean that the plugin isn’t working. It is just telling me about your server’s configuration.

To let me know your problem, you need to give me a screenshot of your problem, or a description of what Error message is on the screen when you try to upload.

Once you let me know your actual error, I will need to access the webpage to test it myself. You can email me the page link and any log in details that I need to access it.

With your system, you have PHP 5.2, and so FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE will not be available. However, you can call exec and shell_exec, which means that you may be able to find out the mime types. I have a method to test the mime detection on your system. However, I would prefer to find out if that is the error you are getting first.

Please understand that it is NOT an error to not have FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE defined or mime_content_type. It just tells me that those two methods of detection are not available in your PHP setup.

So, please let me see the error.

Übersetzt ins Deutsche über Google Translator (Translated to German via Google Translator):

Dank für die Buchung. Ok. Was Sie oben aufgeführten bedeutet nicht, dass das Plugin nicht funktioniert. Es wird nur erzählt mir die Konfiguration Ihres Servers.

Lassen Sie mich wissen Ihr Problem, müssen Sie gib mir einen Screenshot von Ihrem Problem , oder eine Beschreibung dessen, was Fehlermeldung auf dem Bildschirm , wenn Sie versuchen hochzuladen.

Einmal können Sie mir Ihre tatsächliche Fehler, werde ich brauchen, um die Webseite aufzurufen, um zu testen, es selbst. Sie können mailen Sie mir die Seite zu verlinken und keine Login-Daten, dass ich auf ihn zugreifen müssen.

Mit Ihrem System haben, müssen Sie PHP 5.2, und so FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE sind somit nicht verfügbar. Allerdings können Sie anrufen und shell_exec exec, was bedeutet, dass Sie vielleicht in der Lage sein, um herauszufinden, die MIME-Typen bedeutet. Ich habe eine Methode, um den MIME-Erkennung auf Ihrem System zu testen. Allerdings würde ich es vorziehen, um herauszufinden, ob der Fehler ist, dass Sie immer zuerst.

Bitte haben Sie Verständnis, dass es nicht ein Fehler auf keinen FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE definiert oder mime_content_type. Es sagt mir nur, dass diese beiden Methoden zur Erkennung nicht verfügbar sind, in Ihre PHP-Konfiguration.

Also, lasst es mich bitte sehen Sie den Fehler.

frawoer
    Participant

Hey,

thank you for your quick answer,

Tell me where can i find your emailadress?

I will send you an Access to my Homepage to test the Flashupload and some Screenshots.

Thanks

Frank

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@frawoer. You can send an email to support[at]valorapps[dot]com

kevinlusby
    Participant

Hello I am having this same problem. I purchased the Easy Flash Uploader and installed. I cannot find the module under my modules(which is fine), but I checked under plugins and it is there. I then updated my information needed. I posted {easyflashuploader} where I wanted the button. I refreshed the page and all that shows up is:File Upload-which is the title & Cancel All Uploads. I then searched the support and this is the only article I see that fits my problem.

Here is the information at the bottom of the plugin manager:

PHP Version: 5.3.8.

FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE is defined.

finfo_open is callable.

finfo_file is callable.

finfo_close is callable.

mime_content_type is callable.

This is a NON-Windows OS: Linux.

escapeshellarg is callable.

exec doesn’t exist.

shell_exec doesn’t exist.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@kevinlusby. Thanks for posting on the forum for assistance. In order to be able to assist you, I will need the same thing that I have asked other users in this topic. I need a screenshot or description of your error. However, more importantly, please email me the link to the page with the uploader.

Once I am able to see the page and examine what is going on I can better advise you on how to solve the problem.

From the short description you gave, it seems that it could be a javascript error on the page that is not causing the Browse button to show. However, until I am able to examine the page, I cannot make a definite assessment.

kevinlusby
    Participant

Heres the link:

It is posted at the top of the article:

[link removed by Michael]

Here is the screenshot:

http://www.lakeland-printer.com/images/Screen%20Shot%202012-10-08%20at%2011.08.59%20AM.png

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@kevinlusby. Thanks for responding. First off, I removed the link to the uploader, because I don’t want spammers to get access to your uploader, and attempt to upload spam to your site.

Secondly, I want you to please access the page and view your browser’s console. Here are instructions of how to do that:http://support.michaelgilkes.com/topic/how-to-see-javascript-errors-in-your-browser

I have uploaded a screenshot of what I see when I look at my browser’s console: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/lakelandefu.png/. As you can see, your server is blocking access to the key files needed for the plugin to work. You will see a 403 Forbidden access error. This is usually the result of a setting in your .htaccess file that blocks direct access to these files. Once you fix that on your server, it will work.

kevinlusby
    Participant

Michael,

What would be the best way to allow just that folder to rewrite?

It is blocking just the /media/easyflashuploader

I just cant seem to get the right code to allow this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Error in Easy flash uploader’ is closed to new replies.