Error 500 Internal Server Error

Home \ forums/topic \ Error 500 Internal Server Error

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module Error 500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    manicsf
    Participant

Hi, I just installed Easy Folder Listing on our Joomla 1.7 and went through the installation steps on this. When I went to add the module through the administration site, it gave me errors saying that it didn’t have write permission to /var/www/html/SAANet/tmp. Now I’m getting an Error 500 whenever I try to get back to the administration site, or any part of the website for that matter. Any ideas on what I should look for/change?

Thanks,

Shawn

manicsf
    Participant

Some more info from the error logs:

[Mon Oct 31 09:44:40 2011] [error] [client 172.16.1.125] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required ‘/var/www/html/mainpage.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://intranet.saadns.com/

[Mon Oct 31 09:45:04 2011] [error] [client 172.16.1.125] PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/html/SAANet/administrator/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/html/SAANet/tmp:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

[Mon Oct 31 09:45:04 2011] [error] [client 172.16.1.125] PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

[Mon Oct 31 09:45:04 2011] [error] [client 172.16.1.125] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required ‘/var/www/html/SAANet/administrator/index.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in Unknown on line 0

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@ manicsf. Thanks for posting. First off, Easy Folder Listing doesn’t write files anywhere. So it doesn’t need write permission to do anything.

Secondly, it seems as though you are trying to list the contents of the tmp folder administrator folder and other folders that may be off limits. You probably need to specify a list folder that you have permissions to access so that you can list the contents.

Lastly, from reading your error log, I don’t see where the errors reference any file belonging to Easy Folder Listing.

I hope my analysis will help you with your situation. In all honesty, from what you describe, Easy Folder Listing is not indicated as the reason for your errors. It seems more like a server error that is unrelated to the module itself. You may need to ask your site admins what is going on.

manicsf
    Participant

Okay, we’ll take a look at some other things to figure out what the issue is, we weren’t sure if it was the mod we just installed or something else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Error 500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.