EFLM – Bug Reporting

Home \ forums/topic \ EFLM – Bug Reporting

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Easy Folder Listing Module

Please post any bugs or quirks you have found.

Mireille
    Participant

Hi,

First thank you very much for this module. It’s exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately I have the following message when activating EFLM:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /…/modules/mod_easyfolderlisting/helper.php on line 108

I use Joomla 1.5.14, EFLM for Joomla 1.5, PHP version 4.4.9, template JA-Purity (but same problem with other templates).

Is it a bug or did I miss something ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Mireille

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

Hi Mireille! Thanks for using my module. From what you have listed, I don’t know why it is giving you an error, except for the fact that all my extensions were designed for PHP 5.3+, and your setup uses PHP 4.4.9, which doesn’t meet the minimum requirements.

To be honest, from what I can figure out from researching the Internet, the fact that you are using PHP4 is precisely the reason why you are getting those errors. The private and public accessor modifier keywords are PHP5 features and will throw this kind of error when run in PHP4. So, your only solution is to upgrade the PHP on your hosting to PHP 5.3+.

Hope this helps. Here is a similar post of the issue.

Mireille
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much. In fact, the problem is resolved by changing to PHP5 🙂

My host uses PHP4 and PHP5 but by defalut it is set to PHP4. I just had to add in the .htaccess the line:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

and it works fine.

Thank you for your help,

Mireille

archifx
    Participant

Hello Michael. I purchased this plugin today assuming it would work with my hosting company (Go Daddy) and now that I read further I see that your plug in requires PHP5.3+

Go daddy simply calls their PHP version 5.x when you dig further you see that the version is 5.2

My question is, is there any workaround to this PHP issue? Will go daddy upgrade the version, is there a code workaround for the plugin to work with PHP 5.2? I get the ERROR: Invalid Filetype once the upload completes. This is where the plugin is located: http://www.riverridge2001.com/riverridge/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=114

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

First, I want you to download the script on this page:

http://support.michaelgilkes.com/topic/efum-not-detecting-mime-type

And send me an email with the script’s results.

There may be a work around. There are couple of ways you can get it to work. One

involves what to do with the results of the script. This solution may involve

changing server or PHP settings.

The other way is to specify ‘*’ (an asterisk) in the permitted mime types

parameter (mimetypes), which will allow any file, but you can control file types

by specifying the extension in the file type parameter (filetypes). This comes

at a cost of essentially removing the mime detection security, but the plugin

will work. You are free to do this, but you risk persons uploading malicious

files that could be masked as image files. If you trust the users who have

access to the uploader, then it really isn’t a problem. So, it’s up to you.

So, it would look something like this:

madonta
    Participant

1) How can i customise the module for download all files instead of viewing in browser?

2) There is a problem with Turkish file names. The module shows the Turkish specific characters (ç, ı, ÄŸ, ö, ÅŸ, ü, Ç, Ä°, Äž, Ö, Åž, Ãœ) funny. (looks like a “?” in a diamond) When i click on that files it causes an Object not found! error.

The module would be better for a whole country if u fix it.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@madonta. Thanks for using my module. Now, to answer your questions:

1. Yes, this is possible. You need to prepare a file to process the files for download, and then edit the helper.php file (somewhere around line 193, where the link anchor is added). See this site for more information.

2. I would love to show Turkish characters. I had a similar problem reported to me about Swedish characters. I asked the person to try the following, and he said that it didn’t work, but maybe you can do it. Where ever you see: you should see:

$rows[$i]

I want you to change that to:

JText::_($rows[$i])

Let me know if it works. If it works, I’ll add this to the next releases of the module and plugin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘EFLM – Bug Reporting’ is closed to new replies.