November 1, 2018 at 9:04 am #2941
There seems to be an issue with Easy Fodler Listing after upgrade to Joomla 3.9
Oops ! Call to undefined method JModuleHelper::getModuleById()
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.
ScottNovember 1, 2018 at 9:11 am #2942
Uninstalled and re-installed same issue any chance for an update to be compatible with Joomla 3.9November 1, 2018 at 12:38 pm #2943
The site I am working on I had to go back to J 3.8 if you have the time would you consider making AFL accessible to J 3.9November 1, 2018 at 1:16 pm #2944
I decided to install th ebackup copy to local server then applied the J 3.9 update crossed my fingers and yes the ELF is functioning correctly
My guess the that update to live server did no well. Once I test out on local server and try a live update. I”l keep you posted.November 1, 2018 at 1:19 pm #2945
@britepencil. Hi Scott. Thanks for posting. I am a little confused. I have tested EFL on my Joomla 3.9 test site, and I have not encountered any issues or notice. Further, I don’t have any code that calls JModuleHelper::getModuleById() directly.
Do you have any PHP error logs regarding the error you have posted? Usually, the error log will specify the file and line number where the problem is. You can send me your error logs via email.
MichaelNovember 1, 2018 at 1:28 pm #2946
@britepencil. Following up the post I just wrote. I did a search for “JModuleHelper::getModuleById” on my Joomla site and found out that it is only used on line 225 of the Built-in Joomla Load Modules (loadposition or loadmodule shortcodes). That being said, it seems that the Joomla folks have broken their own code. So, I might have to do some testing, and contact the Joomla developers on GitHub and make a pull request for a possible solution. So, the problem is not my module, but it seems to be an issue with this function call in “Content – Load Modules”, which we all use to load modules in the content body.
So, I will investigate it further and possibly see how to fix it, and make a pull request on GitHub.November 1, 2018 at 1:36 pm #2947
Thank you for looking into this,
After degrading the live beta site back to J 3.8 the EFL is working, as mentioned I did a test on local sever again installed the j38 site and did another upgrade to J39 this time the EFL module is intact.
I’ve gone ahead and upgraded the live beta site for the second time to J3.9 and AFL appears to be working, no errors
I cannot explain why I had the error on first attempt, possible ba bad upgrade but you know more about this than I, hopefully you find some answers.November 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm #2948
@britepencil. Ok. I think I understand what may have happened. It is possible that either the site was caching the old (3.8.x) files for the JModuleHelper or the new ModuleHelper.php wasn’t upgraded properly for whatever reason. The more I was just looking into it, the more I realized that the Joomla code is fine. So, it must just have been a one time issue during your particular upgrade.
Well, there is no problem now. If you have any further issues please don’t hesitate to let me know.November 2, 2018 at 1:22 pm #2949
Michael, ran into the same issue with another extension not one of yours
The topic ‘Easy Folder Listing Error with Joomla 3.9’ is closed to new replies.