Column heading names in Easy Folder Listing module v2.9

Home \ forums/topic \ Column heading names in Easy Folder Listing module v2.9

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Module Column heading names in Easy Folder Listing module v2.9

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dgroat 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dgroat
    Participant

Hi Michael, I am looking to change the default column heading ‘Filename’ to something more appropriate for my site. I saw the the closed discussion thread (http://support.michaelgilkes.com/topic/column-names#post-144) but cannot locate the line of PHP code you refer to in the Helper file. As that discussion is now 5 years old I wonder whether you are now using a different method to determine the column headings. Could you please guide me to the correct file (and line number in the code) so I can make my modifications.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@dgroat. Thanks for posting. You can alter the column heading either by editing the “language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_easyfolderlisting.ini” on line 76, MOD_EFL_FILENAME=”Filename”, or you can created a Language Override (Extensions > Language(s) > Overrides > New) for the “MOD_EFL_FILENAME” key, and enter whatever text you like.

I would advise to try the built-in Override feature first before editing files. Let me know how it works out.

dgroat
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I had completely forgot about the language file / override option. Thanks. Clearly not seeing the wood for the trees.

My PHP skills are not great but if I wanted to show the folder name (the one containing the documents I am listing) instead of ‘Filename’, is that easy to do? My documents are in folders marked with the year, (e.g. 2015, 2016 and 2017).

dgroat
    Participant

After trying a few things, I think I have achieved this by replacing line 41 in the ‘Bootstrap.php’ file with

<th style="padding:4px;"><?php echo str_replace("images/results/","",$folder);?></th>

If there’s an easier way to do this then happy to learn. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Column heading names in Easy Folder Listing module v2.9’ is closed to new replies.