catch upload success in PHP script for further action

Home \ forums/topic \ catch upload success in PHP script for further action

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy File Uploader Module catch upload success in PHP script for further action

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Gilkes 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jeo
    Participant

Hi

I wrote a script to check file format, size, etc and upload to my server. Then to first rename file and move using PHP move_uploaded_file() command. Need to allow a Joomla user to upload a file from their computer, then save it using their userID.pdf in a specific directory, so I can later allow users to see a list of all users who have uploded files and view their uploaded files.

Was getting error from move_uploaded_file() and file did not show up in the /tmp/ directory.

So then I found your component.

But how do I capture the “successful file upload” event trigger so I can rename the file and also set a time/datestamp field in the database?

Is it possible to specify a URL to handle this after the “Upload File” form button is clicked?

Kindly advise best way to proceed.

thanks

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@jeo. Thanks for posting. Seems like you want to make a very custom solution for your site. If you want, you can just edit the helper.php file to do what you want it to do. I believe that most, if not all, of my code is self explanatory. You should be able to follow it.

You can also make a custom template file in the tmpl folder. Just copy and paste the default.php file and rename it, then edit it to add a specific url to the uploaded file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘catch upload success in PHP script for further action’ is closed to new replies.