1. In the demo and videos for “Advanced Folder Listing” i don’t see any folder or sub-folders. I figure this is probably just because there are none to show. Please verify that it can expand/collapse/navigate folders and sub-folders?
2. I also plan to use “Easy File Uploader – Version 2.0” for users to upload files. My concern is with the “Advanced Folder Listing” sync feature. Does this mean no one can see newly uploaded files until i click the “sync” button? I really need this to be a live listing of what is there. It would be so inconvenient if i have to keep syncing the files every time one changes that i don’t think this solution would work for us.
3. Are you planning an update to “Easy File Uploader – Version 2.0” that would allow the user to select which folder to upload the file into? As it is, after someone uploads a file, i would have to move it to the right location. I’d like to set a root folder like ‘images/presentations’ and the user could select the proper sub-folder to place it in. Actually it would work best for us if “Advanced Folder Listing” could be used to upload the file into the right folder.
@wiser3. Thanks for your questions. Here are my responses:
1. The example shown is a Paginated table. The paginated tables do not have subfolders like in Easy Folder Listing Pro. However, you can also show the same listing as an Unordered List and Table. In those two modes it looks almost identical to Easy Folder Listing Pro. So, it is available, but I did not display it on the demo site.
2. Yes, you are right about the sync feature. It is a manual sync. The reason for this is that because the focus of Advanced Folder Listing is to allow the admin to add any type of meta data to the listing. Adding the meta data is a manual process, so the sync must be manual too. To accomplish what you want to do, it is best to use Easy Folder Listing or Easy Folder Listing Pro with Easy File Uploader to make the listing update when viewed after new files are uploaded.
3. I honestly don’t have any immediate plans to update it with that functionality. I do plan to update it shortly with a french translation, and a couple of tweaks. However, you can easily modify the code yourself to add that feature if you have some PHP experience.
I hope I have answered your questions adequately, Tim. I think that Easy Folder Listing Pro may be more suited to your needs, unless you are looking for the meta data feature. Let me know what you are thinking, and how I can help you further.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
The topic ‘A few questions before purchase’ is closed to new replies.