remove filetext

Home \ forums/topic \ remove filetext
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vaineh
    Participant

hi there, purchased the pro version. very nice little plugin.

i want to remove the filetext all together and just create large icons that the user will click on to download the files. could you tell me how i can do this? i can’t see a parameter that will remove the filetext all together

cheers

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@vaineh. What do you mean by “remove the filetext all together”? Are you talking about not listing the file names at all. If that is what you want, I don’t know how you can do that, since that is the primary function of the plugin. It lists the files located in a folder.

If I am misunderstanding you, please explain further.

vaineh
    Participant

yes, i want to remove the filename. i want to list files located in the folder, but with no filenames, and then just to modify the icon images to reflect the filetypes.

i want to create a folder listing that will list files related to jobs. each job will have its own subfolder. and each job contains the same type of files. so its not necessary to know the name of the file, just the filetype. and so i want to then have a nice icon for the user to click on to open up the desired file.

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@vaineh. That is a very interesting setup that you want to do. Currently, the plugin won’t be able to do that. However, I will consider this as a feature request for my upcoming Joomla component.

However, as you know, you are free to edit the plugin to suit your needs. It would be great for you to accomplish that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘remove filetext’ is closed to new replies.