Can the Search work for 2 characters minimum instead of 3 ?

Home \ forums/topic \ Can the Search work for 2 characters minimum instead of 3 ?

Support Home Page Forums Joomla Software Easy Folder Listing Pro Plugin Can the Search work for 2 characters minimum instead of 3 ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Gilkes 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

claytonc
    Participant

Hello,
    I just purchased Easy Folder Listing Pro specifically for the search function. I have many files with file names that contain the two letter abbreviation for a State, such as “AR” for the state of Arkansas, “NY” for New York and so on. It appears the search only works with 3 letters or more. I have over 7000 files named this way.

An example file name would be:
    ABC Supply Co #032 – Charlotte, NC.pdf
    In this case I need to search for all file names that contain “NC

Is there a way to have the search function when only 2 character are typed in the search box or an operator that I can use?

Thank you for your time and knowledge,
    George

Michael Gilkes
    Keymaster

@claytonc. Thanks for posting.

Yes. You can change this default behavior by editing some code. If you feel comfortable changing a line of code then find line 211 in plugins/content/easyfolderlistingspro/easyfolderlistingspro.php:

and change it to the following:

I should probably add an option to make this customizable in the next release.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.